Terms and Policies
Northumberland County’s premier group of businesses.
The following are the terms and policies that all members of Northumberland Business Group agree to.
- Only one person from each professional discipline, trade or business is permitted to join NBG. Membership Committee has final authority relating to classification conflicts.
- The weekly meetings last for 90 minutes. Members need to arrive on time and stay for the entire meeting.
- Attendance is critical to the group. If a member cannot attend, he/she may send a substitute. This will not count as an absence. A member is allowed four absences every six months. After four absences, the member’s classification is subject to being opened by the Leadership Executive Team or Membership Committee.
- Members are required to bring bona-fide referrals and/or visitors to the meeting.
- Visitors may attend meetings up to two times.
- Speakers must present a door prize. Only members bringing a visitor or a referral are eligible for this door prize.
- There are no leaves of absence except for medical leaves. Members may take up to eight weeks medical leave with the Membership Committee’s prior approval if their fees are pre-paid for that period of time and they attempt to have someone fill in during their leave.
- It is the member’s responsibility to file concern with the Membership Committee if a visitor in any way conflicts with their classification. This should be done
before the visitor is approved for membership. If there are no complaints, the Membership Committee will “assume” their consent.
- Members who wish to change their classification must submit a new membership application and get approval from the Membership Committee for the classification
- In case of problems with a member, Membership Committees may, at their sole discretion, put a member on probation relating to the member’s business practices or
- Memberships may be revoked for failure to comply with the policies and/or code of ethics of NBG. Membership Committee may revoke memberships. In the absence of a
Membership Committee, the Leadership Executive Team may fulfill that responsibility.
- If the Leadership Executive Team members fulfill all responsibilities throughout their team, then they will receive as consideration an exemption of dues during their tenure as a
Leadership Executive Team Member. order to hold a position.
- In the absence of a Membership Committee, the Leadership Executive Team may act as an ad hoc Membership Committee until one is established.
- All NBG membership lists are for the purpose of ‘giving’ referrals and not for soliciting (i.e., email, direct mail, etc) members without their prior approval.